7/27/09

Summer OR


I spent the last week peeking at new outdoor gizmos at the Summer Outdoor Retailer show in Salt Lake City, Utah. For those of you who have never been, it is a lot of cool products, tons of crazy festivities (like the Dizzy Butt Competition,) an incredible amount of walking, and lots and lots of work. True, there is lots of beer poured in the evenings and lots of shwag to be had, but in four days, I logged over 27 miles on my Montrail-supplied pedometer and I was mostly in the MK booth! I would say the highlight of my OR trip was the Wasatch Wobble, a 5K in Red Butte Gardens put on by Montrail. I would say the low point was a tie between the lost person knocking at my hotel door at 3:00 AM and catching the shuttle to the Wobble at 5:45am. Still, I am thrilled to be back in the Blue Ridge mountains, where the air is cooler and crisper, and the beer exceeds 3.2%. Ahhhh!

In the meantime, some new goodies arrived at the shop:

Arc'teryx Harnesses -- Time to retire that tattered thing you have been lugging around and welcome in the 21st century

Sanuk Shoes -- I am excited to say that mine are MORE comfortable than I imagined!

LGO Shirts -- These organic tees keep selling like hotcakes and we have some new colors!

Arborwear -- Rugged pants that last & last. The founder came to the MK booth for brews!

No comments: