9/29/10

Fall Fall Fall Fall


This week's temps are delightfully lower than last week, and everybody seems a little slap happy that it feels like fall. Between drooling over the new down jackets and counting down the days until I head to the New River Gorge for a week of sandstone climbing, it feels hard to get much work done. Still, there is much to accomplish on Looking Glass. I have a few goodies on my tic list for cooler weather- so we shall see how it goes....

2nd Pitch of Cornflake Crack- I've never been on the second pitch, but I look at it wistfully every time I pass it. Who doesn't??
Le Pump - I feel like a champ on this route... on toprope. The mix of slopers, balancy moves, and small holds seems to suit me. It is time to give it a go on lead.
Hyperbola- I took a nice whip on this and haven't gotten back on it. Move over copperheads...
The Odyssey- Cold weather prevented us from doing the crux pitch of this route several seasons ago, yet Phil and I think of it whenever we see the duct tape hiding the puncture on his down sweater from the offwidth on the 2nd pitch.



Climb Globally, Shop Locally
Looking Glass Outfitters
69 Hendersonville Hwy
Pisgah Forest, NC 28768
828.884.5854
www.lookingglassoutfitters.com

No comments: